Navigation

Tagged: 

• Author

noznewman
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve added a custom font to x theme (miss_coutureregular)

I can’t seem to get the font to appear on the site.

I’ve added code to custom CSS.

If I supply you with the login details to WP and FTP in a private reply – can you check what I’ve done wrong?

Thanks]
    Paul

Christopher

Hi there,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

– Link to your site
    – WordPress Admin username / password
    – FTP credentials

Don’t forget to select Set as private reply. This ensures your information is only visible to our staff.

Thanks.

noznewman
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Darshana

Hi there,

Please go through the following post on how to add a custom font (https://community.theme.co/forums/topic/custom-font-2/#post-142444).

Hope that helps.

noznewman
    Participant

Can you confirm if adding the code to custom css via customizer will update the style.css file? or do I need to do it via FTP?

Rupok

Hi there,

Customizer custom CSS won’t write to any file rather will include as internal CSS. You need to edit and upload the style.css through FTP.

Cheers!

noznewman
    Participant

Darshana

Hi there,

Because this requires a template change, I’d advise that you setup a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

Then you can add your custom CSS rules into your child theme’s style.css file. Once you setup the child theme and activate it, you can locate the file under (“/wp-content/themes/x-child/style.css”).

Hope that helps.

noznewman
    Participant

Paul R

Hi Paul,

Yes simply upload the child theme and activate it.

Thanks